Saturday, February 4, 2012

WORLD ARC INTRO

Wow, this departure feels like it was a long time coming but still turned out to be so rushed in the end. Funny how that happens with travelling . . . or maybe it's just me ;) 30 minutes before departure last night for a 9:20pm flight, finally had bags packed, apartment sublet, Vespa sold, and final checks deposited. Preparing for a 16 month journey reminds you of how many "life details" need to be settled.

For those of you that may not know, I am setting sail with the World Arc 2012 -2013 voyage. A 16 month sailing circumnavigation of the southern hemisphere. Long story how I found myself on this journey, but I am so excited to see where it takes me.

As Mark Twain quotes:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 

I'll be throwing off those bowlines in less than a day and setting sail from Panama on the SV Zoe heading to the Galapagos with a short layover in the Pearl Islands. You can track our boat on the World Arc website's Fleet Viewer and I will be posting updates along the journey when we arrive into new land, and have internet access ;)

Thank you all for the support you have given me to make this happen! There were endless nights of me talking this trip over with many of you, hours of listening to all my fears and excitement surrounding setting sail for such an adventure, to helping me scramble to find subletters and scooter buyers, to incredible Bon Voyage parties, to family racing around the day I fly out collecting dvds to help keep me entertained on those long voyages ;) I am taking off feeling very loved and can't thank all of you for helping make this journey possible!!!

Can't wait to upload photos of our first LAND AHOY! Please keep me updated as well, I will be looking forward to having stories of home in my inbox when I arrive to new lands ;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment